An arts and crafts website that specifically focuses on "how to" information, such as "how to draw" and "how to use Photoshop." Learn tips and tricks for old hobbies, as well as how to work with some new forms of artistic expression.
| Main Features:
- Artistic Expression - Bring artistic expression back to our world using the trades of yesterday, and learning about the arts of today. This is a site for those with a creative passion, and fierce individuality.
- Art Gallery -A gallery of Artist Anika (owner of CraftyArtWorld.com) and various other artists. View the art or submit your own.
- Crafty Art Store - An online store full of art supplies ranging from easels to computer tablets.
- Artist Anika's World - The blog of Crafty Art World. Learn about the current projects of the site owner and all the new and interesting art-related information she picks up. The journal of the artist!
| World of Drawing (Drawing Tutorials):
- World of Drawing - A list of drawing tutorials that can help you learn to navigate through the world of drawing.
- Realistic Drawing - Realistic drawing differs from cartoons because of coloring, shading, and proportions. Find basic tips for realistic drawing here!
- Facial Proportions - Facial proportions are the location and size of the features of the face. This page lists the details for realistic faces. Fine details are changable for uniqueness, but basics stay the same.
- Scale and Proportion for Humans - Scale and Proportion for Humans, giving details on adults, adolescents, and infants. Scale and Proportion for Humans changes based on sex and age, this page discusses these differences.
- Pastel Drawing - Pastel Drawing is colored art done with a chalk-like media. They should be done on texturized paper and can be done with kits with as few as 10 colors. Here is as a basic lesson on pastel drawing.
- White Graphite - White graphite is a media similar to the white colored pencil in your colored pencils box. This can be used to accent darker pictures, or used as the sole media on black paper.
- Art of Drawing Hands - Here you will learn the basic steps, as well as some tips and tricks, that are required for the art of drawing hands. Images and written steps walk you through the process step by step.
- How to Draw Clothing - Learn how to draw clothes for realistic or cartoon style art. This page walks you through the process and notes how different fabrics/seams effect drawing.
- Disney Cartoon Drawing - Disney cartoon drawings are rounder than many illustrated movies. There are usually different color themes for each movie, and these themes should be kept in mind when doing Disney cartoon drawings.
- How to Draw Disney Style - A step by step explination of how to draw disney style. Remember, style changes based on characters, but the basic process stays the same. This page focuses on face, body, and limbs.
- Disney: Peter Pan - Disney’s Peter Pan is a great character to draw when first practicing drawing Disney style characters because he is both visually interesting, as well as relatively simple. This page is a tutorial of the steps and colors used to draw Peter Pan.
- Adobe Art Tutorials - Adobe art tutorials are how-to guides to creating attractive and professional quality works in programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator. Here is a list of such tutorials available within Crafty Art World.
Photoshop Tutorial: Window Preview -
Standing window previews are becoming more and more popular on the internet and in ads. Here is a photoshop tutorial for creating such graphics.
Photoshop Custom Shapes
- Photoshop Custom Shapes are simple to make, but only when they are simple in design. This tutorial will walk you through making Photoshop Custom Shapes for any version of Photoshop that you use. However, the more complicated the form you try to create, the more difficult this process will become.
Halloween Photoshop Tutorial
- In this Halloween Photoshop Tutorial, you will learn to manipulate photos, cropping, blurring, and adjusting the photo mode to create a glowingly ethereal spirit.
Using the Pen Tool (Step 1) -
Using the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop can be tricky, but is extremely useful for creating Shapes and Paths or even making selections.
- Go to Step: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- This Photoshop tutorial focuses on coloring the skin of your character. Later tutorials will cover eyes, hair, and clothing. Skin is taught first because this allows you to add hair, clothing, etc above the skin.
Coloring Anime Drawings in Photoshop
- Coloring anime drawings in Photoshop only differs from coloring other drawings due to the shape of anime eyes. This tutorial will focus on said eyes, though other tutorials in this site focus on skin, hair, and clothing.
Photoshop Techniques: Hair
- This tutorial focuses on Photoshop Techniques used for coloring the hair of your character. Earlier tutorials walked you through both the skin and eyes of your character and a later tutorial will walk you through clothes. This tutorial works for any version of Photoshop you are using.
Photoshop Tutorial: Shiny Red Material
- This Photoshop Tutorial: Shiny Red Material focuses on creating the final step in our character tutorials – the shirt. Earlier pages focused on the skin, eyes, and hair. As with the earlier pages, this tutorial will work with any version of Photoshop that you are using.
- Adobe Photoshop Versions - Ahere are many Adobe Photoshop versions available on the market, for both Mac and PC. As of early 2010, CS4 is the most recent edition being sold. Older editions tend to be less expensive, but also less supported; while newer editions often feature more tutorials.
Adobe Photoshop Version CS4
- Adobe Photoshop Version CS4 is the latest edition currently on the market. Created by the leading experts in photo manipulation and graphics software, Adobe Photoshop Version CS4 is the program of professional graphic designers and visual technicians.
Adobe Photoshop CS3
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 is the second-newest edition currently on the market. Created by the leading experts in photo manipulation and graphics software, Adobe Photoshop CS3 is the program of professional graphic designers and visual technicians.
- Buy Adobe Photoshop 7 Full Version - Buy Adobe Photoshop 7 Full Version here. The full version of Adobe Photoshop 7 works with any Windows computer. If you own a Mac computer you should look at the extended version of edition 7.
- Graphics Tablet - A graphic tablet is a square pad which plugs into the USB port of a computer or laptop. The graphic tablet comes with a wireless pen and mouse that never need batteries or charging.
- Bamboo Tablet - The Bamboo Tablet is a graphic tablet created by Waccom, the most trusted brand in tablets. This easy to use tablet is both inexpensive, and reliable!
- Intuos4 Tablet - The Intuos4 Tablet is a graphic tablet created by Waccom, the most trusted brand in tablets. The tablet includes 4 convenient sizes and all new features, including the ability to rotate your canvas.
| Crafty Creations (Craft Tutorials):
- Crafty Creations - A list of craft tutorials for all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Holiday Crafts - There are many different types of holiday crafts available today, some for every season. These activities are a great way of celebrating special days as they give you time with your family where everyone has fun.
- Origami Heart - There are many different types of origami hearts, from basic to advanced. There are some with pockets for notes, some with stands, double origami hearts, and, as you will learn through this tutorial, origami hearts with floral centers.
- Easter Crafts - A list of various Easter crafts and instructions that are fun for the whole family. Easter crafts are plentiful. In fact, there are more art related activities for this holiday than there are for just about any other holiday we celebrate (the exception being, possibly, Christmas).
- Halloween Craft Kits - Halloween Craft Kits provide a quick and easy way to make your own decorations and spend time with your family. Making your own decorations allows you to create memorable ornaments that you will treasure forever.
- Christmas Crafts - Doing Christmas crafts with the family in the month leading up to the holiday is a great way to spend time with your family and create memorabilia that will last long after the kids leave home. Some Christmas decorations that you can create on your own to decorate your home include...
- Embroidering - Embroidering is a type of needlework often used to personalize clothing, hats, bags, etc. Embroidering can be done by machine, or by hand. Click to find out more about embroidering!
- Pyrography - Pyrography is the art of burning designs into wood, leather, gourds, etc. Here is a collection of tips to create beautiful and detailed pyrography pictures on different surfaces.
- Pyrography Tools - Pyrography Tools, otherwise known as woodburning tools, can be used to burn designs into a number of different materials, including wood, gourds, leather, and more. The following list includes many of the more common pyrography tools available today with a short description of each.
Razertip Dual Burner
- Razertip Dual Burner W/ Pen is one of many woodburning tools available. This burner comes with two pens, allows temperature adjustments, and gives more detail control to your pyrography.
- Gourd Pyrography - Gourd pyrography is a fading art, but one that deserve a return. Both beautiful and unique, this skill is one for anyone with an interest in a drawing or burning.
- Woodburning - Woodburning is a form of pyrography,or burning designs and words into wood. It can be done with patterns, or directly from your own imagination. Here are some tips to help woodburning run smoothly.
- Woodburning Patterns - For those who aren't the greatest drawers, or do not want to spend the time to draw their own designs, woodburning patterns are the way to go! These are predrawn designs for your projects.
- Woodburning Patterns From Photos - Learn to make your own woodburning patterns from photos with this tutorial. Pyrography plaques made from family portraits can be a great gift idea for any holiday or event.
- Leather Craft Kits - Leathercrafting is one of the earliest known arts, which is probably why you can find leather craft kits available for both children and adults, for pyrography and stamping. Leathercraft Bookmarks are one of the most commonly practiced areas of beginner leathercrafting today.
- Simple Scrapbooking - Clean and Simple Scrapbooking is a budget friendly way to create scapbook pages. Using only photos, tape, and a scrapbook, you can preserve your memories and experiences beautifully and uniquely.
- Reflective Journaling - Reflective Journaling is a stress relief method of expressing your emotions. This can be done with the intention of allowing others to view the entries, or a private exercise.
- Relief Sculpture - A relief sculpture is a sculpture which either emerges from a base or wall, or sinks into it. There are three main types of relief sculptures: alto, bas, or sunken.
- RSS Art Feeds - The art-related RSS feeds which Artist Anika has signed up for.
- About Us - A brief description and contact information for the creator of this site.